Pecans could improve your love life? Pecans have been to outer space? Believe it or not, there are some interesting things about pecans that you probably never knew about.
- There are over 1,000 varieties of pecans. Many are named for Native American Indian tribes, including Cheyenne, Mohawk, Sioux, Choctaw and Shawnee.
- It would take a line of over 10 billion pecans to reach the moon!
- If the body does not get enough zinc, it may have difficulty producing testosterone – a key hormone in initiating sexual desire in both men and women. Pecans provide nearly 10 percent of the recommended Daily Value for zinc. So, pass on the oysters and reach for a handful of pecans!
- Pecans and pecan trees have been loved so much so that the tree has been adopted as the State tree of Texas.
- Astronauts took pecans to the moon in two Apollo space missions.
- Roasted pecan shells were a common coffee substitute in Civil War rations.
- The U.S. produces about 80 percent of the world’s pecan crop.
- Most antioxidants of all nuts – Antioxidants remove cell damaging materials known as free radicals from the body.
New to the Rise Bar line up: Maple Pecan Protein Bar